|Power:||PGB1 beat BHC8|
|AA:||EUM1 beat ???|
|A:||O2 beat O3|
|Team Name||W||L||%||Team Name||W||L||%|
- We decided during last year’s meeting to not do food again this year and see how it goes. Please make sure you and your teams prepare appropriately!
- Don’t forget to have your church’s insurance company send a copy of Certificate of Liability insurance and mail it to the address below. We have only received one or two at this point.
935 E. Maple St
Palmyra, PA 17078
this is to allow you to play in the tournament
- We need someone to do the devotional for the tournament. Please consider asking your pastor or eloquent speaker on your team
We will need some nets for the tournament. If you can provide a net like this one (color doesn’t matter, just quality), please hit reply to this email now and let us know.
We also need 2 volunteers to help with setup the Thursday evening before. Please reply to this email if you can help.
The volleyball tournament is scheduled to start August 13, 9am @ Summit International School of Ministry*.
- Captains, if you are not planning to attend the tournament then here is what you need to know: Call/email Joe with your wins & losses by August 12th, 9am and plan to have at least one person (anybody is welcome, though) from your church attend the post season volleyball meeting. By attending you find out about things that will be happening next year provide valuable input into the league’s direction.
- If you are planning to attend the tournament you need to call or email Joe by 9am on Friday, August 12th. Anything received after that time will not be included in the tournament, no exceptions. You need to call with the following:
- Your team’s wins & losses for the year
- If you will be attending the tournament
- If you can provide a net
- Please make these calls short and precise. If you have any questions please try to have them asked before the 12th. If you can’t, we understand.
- For those coming to the tournament, the location does not have a ton of shade, so if you have any canopies, we recommend bringing them.
- Please see this file for tournament rules and more information.
- Potential rule changes or problems found during the season
- Any suggestions for next year
- Joe is looking for someone to take over management of the league
Hope to see you all at the tournament!
(feel free to text/call/email anytime)
Directions – Links to maps can be found at LCCVolleyball.com
*Summit International School of Ministry: 74 Harrison School Road, Grantville, PA 17028
- Directions: 934 North to 22 West. Turn Right onto Harrison School Road. Go about a mile and school will be down a long driveway on your right.
**Palmyra Grace Church: 799 Airport Road, Palmyra, PA 17078.
- Directions: From Lebanon take 422 West. Turn Left at Forge Road (Friendly’s is on your right). Turn Left onto Airport Road. Church will be on your left.
I need to offer an apology. It’s come to my attention that somewhere in the transition from 2014 to 2015, I inadvertently left out the rules for how many players can be on the court. I have added them back in and updated the necessary files.
For those in the AA Division, we now have a court location for the team that was TBD, so please take note of that.
- All registrations are $45/team. If payment hasn’t been received by April 24, you will not be included in the schedule. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to make exceptions due to the amount of change it would cause to add an additional team. Please send along a proof of liability insurance from your church as well as part of your registration.
- Make sure you talk to your coordinator for last year to get your teams registered. If you aren’t sure, talk to them first, and then email me if you cannot get ahold of them (to find out if they registered yet or not).
- The tournament is set for Aug 13. We are waiting to hear from Summit International School of Ministry to confirm that date. Mark your calendars now (and look for a good pop up canopy sale)
- Updated rules for division can be found here.
- Updates from last year’s meeting:
- We will be asking a few teams of each division in 2015 to move up the next division in 2016. This is based on your tournament and season record. We will take each instance as a case by case basis. We decided which teams during the post-season meeting.
- Instead of requiring the home team to provide drinks & a snack at each game, we are only asking for drinks now. Snacks are most certainly welcome should you decide to go the extra mile.
- We hope to have a few video examples of common rules that tend to be disputed throughout the year. These tend to revolve around bumping and setting. The goal is to clarify in the vent of a disagreement and to bring up the overall skill level of our league. (plus it will help make us all better players in general)
- As of now, Joe is still in charge, but we are in the works of handing things off. If you’d be interested in helping the new person, please contact us. We can always use a few people to paint the guides for the tournament.