- All registrations are $40/team this year. If payment hasn’t been received by April 26, you will not be included in the schedule. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to make exceptions due to the amount of change it would cause to add an additional team.
- 2 years ago we decided to no longer send out paper letters to introduce the season start. Make sure you talk to your coordinator for last year to get your teams registered. If you aren’t sure, talk to them first, and then email me if you cannot get ahold of them (to find out if they registered yet or not).
- The tournament is set for Aug 16. We are waiting to hear from Summit International School of Ministry to confirm that date. Mark your calendars now (and look for a good pop up canopy sale)
- Updated rules for division can be found here.
- Updates from last year’s meeting:
- Starting this year, we will ask the top two teams to move up the next division in 2015. This will be based on your tournament and season record. We will take each instance as a case by case basis.
- Captains are responsible to contact the other team and reschedule within two weeks. The game date does not need to be within those two weeks, but a firm date must be chosen.
- Your players must attend at least 50% of the season to be able to participate in the tournament.
- Coordinators need to get liability insurance certificates to us at the beginning of the season instead of the end for the tournament.
August is here and we wanted to make sure everyone knows how things work from here on. Before we do, we could really use someone to do the short devotional before the start of the tournament. If you have anybody in mind, please ask them and have them contact me. It would be super appreciated! (oh and make sure they know how to get there).
IMPORTANT! For your team to play in the tournament, you must obtain a certificate of insurance for liability to protect Summit International. If you cannot get that information, you can have each person of your team sign a liability waiver (click here to download). If we do not receive one of these from you, you cannot be allowed to play in the tournament. Please send them asap.
2nd note: We will need some nets for the tournament. If you can provide a net like this one (color doesn’t matter, just quality), please hit reply to this email now and let us know.
The volleyball tournament is scheduled to start August 17, 9am @ Summit International School of Ministry*.
- If you are not planning to attend the tournament then here is what you need to know: Call Joe with your wins & losses by August 16th, 5pm and plan to have at least one person (anybody is welcome, though) from your church attend the post season volleyball meeting. By attending you find out about things that will be happening next year and you receive a reduction on your team’s league fee.
- If you are planning to attend the tournament you need to call or email Joe by3pm on Friday, August 16th. Anything received after 3 will not be included in the tournament, no exceptions. You need to call with the following:
- Your team’s wins & losses for the year
- If you will be attending the tournament
- Please make these calls short and precise. If you have any questions please try to have them asked before the 15th. If you can’t, we understand.
- For those coming to the tournament, the new location does not have a ton of shade, so if you have any canopies, we recommend bringing them.
The post season meeting will be held at Palmyra Grace Church** at 7pm on August 22nd. Here are just a few things to be considering for the meeting:
- Potential rule changes or problems found during the season
- Any suggestions for next year
Directions - Links to maps can be found at LCCVolleyball.com
*Summit International School of Ministry: 74 Harrison School Road, Grantville, PA 17028
- Directions: 934 North to 22 West. Turn Right onto Harrison School Road. Go about a mile and school will be down a long driveway on your right.
**Palmyra Grace Church: 799 Airport Road, Palmyra, PA 17078.
- Directions: From Lebanon take 422 West. Turn Left at Forge Road (Friendly’s is on your right). Turn Left onto Airport Road. Church will be on your left.
Just a quick update. Packets are now out and you can download them here. If you didn’t receive an email, please make sure you sign up over on the right hand. We are no longer sending emails from our personal email. Everything will be sent through there.
Don’t forget that the season starts May 16!
PS. If you are a captain, and have no received an email with packet information, first check your Spam folder and see if it is in there. If it’s not, make sure you have signed up to receive emails via the website. If that doesn’t work still, give us a call or email.
For those of you out there who aren’t chronic email checkers, here are some updates:
- Registration is closed
- 1st Drafts of Schedules have been sent to the captains. Captains, if you did not receive an email, check your spam folder. Unless you verify your address, your email service will filter out these emails until you do.
- Final schedules should be posted by May 3.
- The season starts May 16, with the Tournament on Aug 17 so mark your calendars and start practicing!
Don’t forget! Friday is the final day to register for this year’s season. Spread the word!